August 21, 2017

Reporting Options (Student Misconduct)

Prohibited conduct may be reported to local law enforcement (LAPD), the USC Department of Public Safety (DPS), or the Title IX Office. Any individual may report prohibited conduct. Support and resources are available to a Reporting Party regardless of the chosen reporting option.

The university strongly encourages prompt reporting of prohibited conduct. Prompt reporting allows for the collection and preservation of evidence, including physical evidence, digital media, and witness statements. The ability to effectively investigate and respond may be limited by delay.

Reports of prohibited conduct to the university will be documented in compliance with the Clery Act, a federal law requiring data collection of crime within the campus geography. Personal information is NOT documented, only type of conduct, and the time, date, and location. This data collection is an important tool for keeping our community safe.